I must confess that I hated questions like this on tests when I was in school, all the way through college! I'm still no good at this type of stuff - I flunked all these, too!
BRAIN TEASERS: (answers below)
1. You are a participant in a race and you overtake the second person. What position are you now in?
2. If you overtake the last person, then you are . . . ?
3. Very tricky math. Note: This must be done in your head only. Do not use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
Take 1,000 and add 40. Now add another 1,000 then 30. Add another 1,000 and then 20. Now add another 1,000 and then 10. What is your total?
4. Mary's father has five daughters:
Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono and ______?
What is the name of the fifth daughter?
1. If you answered that you are first, then you are incorrect. If you overtake the second person, you take his place and you are in second position.
2. If you answered that you are second to last, you are incorrect. How can you overtake the last person?
3. Did you get 5,000? The correct answer is 4,100. NOW try it with a calculator!
4. Did you answer Nunu? The correct answer is Mary. Go back and read it again!