Received via email with the credit removed. This happens more often than not.
RULES FOR THE CAT
One new cat owner's attempt to create some sort of order:
The cat is not allowed on the furniture.
Alright, the cat can go on the furniture, but NOT the kitchen counter.
OK, the cat can go on the kitchen counter too, just not when I'm preparing food. Deal?
Fine! The cat can go wherever it wants whenever it wants, as long as it doesn't swat me in the face at 5:30 in the morning demanding to be feed.
The cat will be fed at 5:30 in the morning.
::: ::: :::
RULES FOR DOGS & CATS
The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.
Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes on the floor with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate does not mean that it is suddenly your food, nor do I find that
aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the
top of the stairs is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster
than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also
know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space that you are taking up, is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.
The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.
(And now the owner gets around to Rules for Human Visitors.)
Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:
TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS
WHO VISIT AND COMPLAIN
(1) They live here....you don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it fur-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.
Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't hang out with drug-using people,
(7) don't smoke or drink,
(8) don't want to wear your clothes,
(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and - - -
(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.....
::: ::: :::